15th July 2021
Undecided about your future? Unexpected exams results? Or maybe you’ve only just decided to apply. Whatever your situation, don’t worry as it’s not too late to secure your place on a degree-level course at Hull College.
Every year, students up and down the country secure their place through Clearing for all sorts of different reasons and go on to enjoy success. You could do the same!
If you’re looking to apply for a University place to start this September, or thinking about changing your course, switching your career or simply getting back into education, look no further than Hull College.
We have a number of places available on our Higher Education programmes, ranging from Creative and Performance Arts and Construction to Engineering and Criminology.
Four Simple Steps To Securing Your Place At Hull College Through Clearing…
- Get Organised: Make a list of the courses you’re interested in, along with their entry requirements and UCAS codes.
- Don’t Worry: Remember, clearing is your opportunity. You have lots of options available to you and plenty of time to make the right decision for you and your future.
- Contact Us To Apply: If you haven’t applied through UCAS before, don’t worry. We will be able to help you through the process when you contact us.
- Accept Your Place: Once we offer you a place, there is only a limited amount of time to accept. If you haven’t applied to university before or don’t know the first thing about UCAS, don’t worry as we will be able to guide you’re the process and let you know what you need to do.
For further information or if you have any questions about studying for a degree with us, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful admissions team who are waiting to advise you on the next steps. Get in touch via email at HERegistry@hull-college.ac.uk or call 01482 598852.
What Is Clearing?
Clearing is part of the UCAS application process. It matches you with available places to study a degree and is a chance for you to make a positive move and choose what is right for you. It also allows you to find a place on a university course if you don't yet hold an offer.
You can read UCAS’ guide to Clearing and their Clearing FAQs here.
When Does Clearing Start And End?
UCAS Clearing officially started on Monday 5th July 2021, but if you are waiting for exam results you will have to wait to receive them before you can apply. From that point you can seek out Clearing places by phone and refer yourself via UCAS track. Please note Clearing ends on Tuesday 19th October 2021.
You Can Use Clearing If…
- You are applying after Monday 5th July
- You did not receive any offers, or you have declined all your offers
- You do not meet the grades required by your firm and insurance choice universities
- You have had a change of heart about your choice of course or university
Is Clearing The Right Choice For You?
There are many different reasons why you may apply for a degree course through clearing. You may be looking to alter your career path or maybe your exams didn’t go to plan. Whatever your current situation or background, Clearing can open up a number of exciting opportunities.
Can You Apply Through Clearing If You Are A Mature Students?
It’s never too late to learn what you love! Clearing is ideal for students who have not yet applied to a Higher Education course. If you’re over 21 when you start your course, you fall under the bracket of a ‘mature student’. You may not need the same qualifications as most school leavers to apply for a place. Every course has different entry requirements, but our friendly team will put your mind at ease and answer any questions you may have about returning to education.
What Are The Next Steps?
The thought of going through Clearing to secure your place on a university course can be quite daunting, but please remember we are here to help you make the right decisions for your future career goals, dreams and ambitions.
If you would like to talk to us or to find out more about the courses we offer and studying a degree-level course at Hull College, please call 01482 598852 or email HERegistry@hull-college.ac.uk.