Our free Skills Bootcamps give you the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and support you towards advancing your career.
Whether you’re looking for career change, or wanting to progress in your current industry, our Skills Bootcamp in Fibre Engineering could open the door to a range of new and exciting opportunities.
The dedicated training programme, which has been designed with input from recognised experts and businesses in the field, will help you develop the technical skills required to work in the fibre network cabling sector, along with associated health and safety considerations and employability related subjects which will best support candidates into employment following successful completion.
The four-week training programme features a mix of practical hands-on and knowledge-based learning covering everything need to start a career as a Fibre Engineer.
There are five components of the course, which are…
• Certified Network Cable Installer Training
• IPAF Working at Heights Training
• NRSWA New Roads and Street Works Training
• First Aid Accredited Training
• Employability and Skills Development Accredited Training (including Chartered Management Institute bitesize online programme in Managing Projects)
You will benefit from regular sessions with a dedicated Employment Coach, along with high-quality teaching from experienced tutors and much more.
In addition, the Skills Bootcamp will conclude with an Employer Recruitment Fair which will provide you with the opportunity to speak to potential employers ahead of the submission of formal applications.
Please note all candidates who complete the programme will be offered a guaranteed job interview.
You can apply to join a Skills Bootcamp if you:
• Are aged 19+
• Live in England
• Are employed, self-employed, have recently become unemployed or are returning to work after a break.
For most Skills Bootcamps, no prior knowledge in the subject is needed - you just need a good grasp of the English language and the willingness to learn new skills. You don’t have to already be employed in a Fibre Engineering role either. As long as you have a keen interest in starting or progressing your career in the industry and willingness to learn, that’s all that matters!
Applying for this course could not be easier, simply follow the link below and fill out the form.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, which people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer. These courses are fully funded for learners.
Skills Bootcamps are developed and delivered in partnership with employers, further education training providers and local government. The training and support available is aligned with local and national demand for skills, ensuring that people have direct line of sight to a job and support people to get skills for life.
A Skills Bootcamp could be for you if you are:
• Looking to progress in your current sector
• Looking to change jobs or explore a new industry
• Currently employed or self-employed
• Recently unemployed
Employers contribute 30% of the cost of training if they want to use Skills Bootcamps to train their existing employees.
Existing employees may need time to study and attend classes depending on their working hours and status and the flexibility of the course.
What are the benefits of Skills Bootcamps for employers?
They help your business to…
• Develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need quickly
• Futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market
• Improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective
• Recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset
• Get access to a pipeline of skilled adults by working with existing Skills Bootcamp providers
Employers interested in training existing staff through the Skills Bootcamp should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.