Skip to main content

Do you have questions about what the Levy will mean for you as an employer? Download the information below to get answers to some of the most common questions we’re asked by the organisations we work with.

Is your business prepared?

Employers with a wage bill of over £3m are required to contribute to an apprenticeship levy.

As an apprenticeship training provider, HCUK Training can help support your needs.

Funding provided by the government through co-investment can only be used towards the costs of apprenticeship training and end point assessment.This must be with an approved training provider and assessment organisation.

Funding can not be used on other costs associated with your apprentices or wider training effort. For example wages, statutory licences to practice, travel and subsidiary costs, managerial costs, traineeships, work placement programmes or the costs of setting up an apprenticeship programme.

Did you know?
Employers pay 10% of the apprenticeship cost, with the government paying the remaining 90%.
Employers pay from £150 to £2,700, depending on the type and level of apprenticeship.
Employers negotiate the cost of training with apprenticeship training providers.
The government funds 100% of training costs for 16 to 18 year old apprentices recruited by employers with fewer than 50 staff.
Employers purchase training and assessment from providers on a Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers.
Employers get an extra £1,000 for each 16-18 year old, as well as 19-24 year olds who were previously in care or have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.