An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate person to join us as a Hospitality Team Member at a Hessle Golf Club that prides itself on the highest standards. As an Apprentice hospitality team member, you are an essential part of the business, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about food.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be a fulltime position available for the right person to grow within the organisation.
- GCSE grade 4 - 9 or A – C in Maths and English desirable but not essential as Hull College will support you in achieving this.
- Passion for food
- Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
- An enthusiasm to learn
- A clean and tidy appearance
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a must in any Hospitality role
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fastpaced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail
About the Employer
Hessle Golf Club
We are proud to boast over 100 years of golf and the character of the club is unmissable. From a devastating fire to a major relocation, Hessle Golf Club has had quite the journey and looks forward to welcoming new faces, and recognising old ones. On 25 June 1929, the Hessle Golf Course Co. Ltd. was formed to purchase the land containing the existing nine holes. There was, at that time, great uncertainty as to the Club’s future. Money was raised from the sale of shares to members and to the owners of properties which bordered the course. In the early 1930s, land was leased on the north side of the Hull-Ferriby road so that a further nine holes could be added in 1935. Unfortunately, during the Second World War, the Club lost these new holes as they were ploughed up for the growing of cereal crops but, by 1948, the land had been returned to its former use and Hessle members could once more enjoy an eighteen hole course