9th February 2021
Apprenticeships are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer and are a cost effective way of training new and existing employees with the skills they need to excel in your company.
You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely.
Employing an apprentice gives someone a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop, while also proving the opportunity for your business to benefit in the following ways…
- Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way to introduce new talent into your business and develop a motivated, skilled and fully-qualified workforce.
- You can train, mould and develop apprentices according to the needs of your business, to enable them to progress within your company.
- If you hire an Apprentice, it is not going to cost you the earth in training funds – because the government will pay for some, or even all, of the training involved, depending on the age of your apprentice.
- Apprentices are a sustainable way of growing your team, keeping staff costs down and building your business with low risk.
- Apprentices are loyal and highly motivated workers who can provide fresh ideas, enthusiasm and a new dynamic that could make a real difference to your business. 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service.
- Apprentices also improve productivity. 78% of employers who have apprenticeship programmes reported that productivity in their workplace had improved as a result.
- Apprenticeships aren’t only suitable for bringing in new employees. They’re also ideal for upskilling or retraining existing employees - of any age, and at any level - boosting motivation by increasing development.
- There are apprenticeships ranging from level 2 (equivalent to a GCSE) to level 7 (equivalent to a degree) so you’ll be able to find apprenticeships that suit the learning and development needs of your employees, while also being responsive to the wants and needs of your business.
- You can work with us to deliver training flexibly. An apprentice must spend at least 20% of their time completing off-the-job training - but the style, location and timing of training can vary.
Get In Touch…
HCUK Training work with businesses of all sizes to analyse training needs, identify relevant apprenticeships and the best way of providing the training. We have a dedicated Apprenticeship Team who specialise in recruiting people with the skills you’re looking for.
If you’re interested in hiring an apprentice or have any further questions about the apprenticeship process, please get in touch with us via our online enquiry form or call 0300 330 2010.