21st March 2021
Follow your passion for fashion at Hull College!
Blending academic and vocational learning, we offer a range of specialist courses that will give you the skills needed to embark on a career in the inspiring, fast-paced and exciting fashion industry.
Our study programmes - for learners of all levels and abilities - will allow you to turn your creative flair into a career you’ll love. You will not only hone your skillset, but leave us with the abilities and industry knowledge required to progress into employment.
Whichever route you opt for, you’ll benefit from outstanding facilities, industry links and working with our friendly and experienced team of tutors - the perfect platform to help you turn your dream of working in the world of fashion into a reality!
What Courses We Offer…
BTEC National Diploma Art & Design (Fashion Specialist Pathway) (Level 3)
Access To HE Art & Design (Fashion Specialist Pathway) (Level 3)
Foundation Diploma Art & Design (Fashion Specialist Pathway) (Level 3/4)
Why Study Fashion At Hull College…
- With extensive specialist studios and resources, we offer an exciting range of Fashion courses tailored to your career pathway. Our courses are led by experienced tutors with industry skills and an extensive background in the sector.
- You’ll have the freedom to let your imagination run wild and be given all the support and guidance need to allow your creative talents to thrive and shine.
- All our learners - Further Education and Higher Education - enjoy the use of our facilities in the Hull School of Art & Design, which are nothing short of fantastic. The design areas are set up with workspaces for all creative activities and a number of Mac’s equipped with the latest software to develop your CAD design and presentation packages.
- We have designated pattern cutting and construction areas stocked with a range of domestic and industrial equipment including domestic & industrial sewing machines, domestic and industrial overlockers, Cover stitch machines, Eyelet presses, Buttonhole machines, Domestic Embroidery machines, Industrial iron units, Industry-standard tailors dummies and ½ scale tailors dummies, 20 industry-standard pattern cutting tables and Print and dye areas offering both manual printing and sublimation printing.
- We provide an inspiring environment and plenty of opportunities to gain practical experience and hone your specialist skills.
What Our Tutors Say…
“We offer a range of Fashion courses for all levels and abilities - from 16+ school leavers looking for a specialist course to lead them onto university or employment, to mature learners returning to education in preparation for university. We have a seamless pathway from Fashion Level 3 through to Level 6 degree - all of which are taught on our campus. You will learn the fundamentals of fashion design and construction as well as the underpinning art and design skills required to develop research for your projects.”
Lyndsey Kemp & Emma Drury
Five Reasons To Love A Career In Fashion…
- Turn Your Passion Into Your Job
Follow your dreams and fuse your passion with your career to be part of one of the most innovative sectors in the UK.
- Exciting Opportunities
The creative sector is an exciting and ever-changing industry that is host to a wealth of diverse career opportunities and pathways. Over 700,000 people are employed in the fashion and retail sector, making it the second biggest employer after the NHS.
- No Two Days Are The Same
Fashion is one of the largest and most exciting industries in the UK. In many roles within the fashion industry, no two days are the same. The industry is fast-paced and exciting, making dull days a very rare occurrence.
- Travel The World
Some roles in the industry could provide the opportunity to work globally and allow you to travel the world whilst doing what you love the most, gaining invaluable experience along the way.
- Weird Fashion
Not many people know that the Fashion industry also involves science; analytical textile technology and applied mathematics.
Still Not Convinced Yet? Read What Our Current Learners Have To Say…
“I chose to study at Hull College because they have good resources and facilities.”
Year 2 UAL Extended Diploma
“The tutors are really helpful and there when you need them. The facilities are excellent and available when needed and, overall, it’s just a really positive environment!” Jay Williams Year 2 UAL Extended Diploma
“Fashion allows you to express who you are and who you want to be in every and any way possible.”
Year 2 UAL Extended Diploma
“Fashion at Hull College is a unique and adorable art. You can make good friends, the teachers (Emma and Lyndsey) are really nice, and they help you with whatever you need. If you come to college to study fashion, you can learn so much, have access to great facilities and - most importantly - you can have so much fun! So, if you are planning to do fashion, make sure you come to Hull College.”
Level 4 FAD Fashion
“I chose to study Fashion at Hull College because the tutors are creative and have many techniques to help you with your ideas.”
Year 2 UAL Extended Diploma
And Not Forgetting Our Former Students Who Have Gone On To Enjoy Success After Studying With Us…
“Before completing the Foundation Level 3 course at Hull College, I had little direction regarding what I wanted to do in my career beyond the general creative field. The course was perfect in helping to decide as it allowed me to try different subjects during short taster sessions - before finalising decisions for the FMP. The tasters can encourage you to test subjects that may be out of your comfort zone and widen your horizons, which is good if you’re unsure regarding your career path as I was. For reference, I selected Fine Art, Ceramics and Fashion, having only ever studied Art before. You also take part in weekly print, life drawing and art theory sessions which help develop new skills, as well as gaining crucial help and advice for life after the course.”
Melissa Stansfield Drury
What Careers Could Our Courses Lead To…
In the fashion industry, there are careers for many people in many different jobs responsible for the inspiration, conception, production, sales, distribution and promotion of a fashion product. These include:
Manufacturing & Design Merchandiser
Production Planner Buyer
Sales Retail Merchandising
Retail Management Sales
Check out more potential career options here: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-categories/creative-and-media