18th January 2019
Your Student Union in Hull will be holding and exciting and informative student focused event to connect with ‘Dry January’ and the importance of providing impartial and honest information about drug and alcohol use.
The Student Union have teamed up with Hull’s ReNew drug and alcohol project to bring you the ReThink Your Drink event and will include some of the following:
• Fun activities with ‘drunk buster’ beer goggles.
• ‘Mocktail’ bar.
• A talk from an ex-service user who will guide students through their own personal journey. There will be two ex-service user talks and in-between both talks there will be an opportunity to ask questions.
• Talks led by students and staff that will cover the following: Who are ReNew, where they are based in the college, how do they support people and the tools they use. There will also be some brief advice to students on drugs and alcohol use and how students can lower the risks and support others.
• ReNew will also provide brief training for staff on their Alcohol AUDIT tool and how staff can offer brief advice to students and how to make a referral.
• A confidential space available for student support and information where students can talk to ReNew workers about any aspect of alcohol and drug use.
• Drop-in information and advice services.
Students are invited to join in these activities from 9.30am – 3pm.
If tutors would like to book their class in for a talk from an ex-service user, or the ReNew student talks please contact Ashley.Barratt@hull-college.ac.uk to book your place.
Talk from ex-service users are 12-1pm or 2-3pm.
ReNew Student talks are 10-11am or 1-2pm.
If staff would like to attend the ReNew talk please contact Ashley.Barratt@hull-college.ac.uk to book your place. Talks are 11-12 and 2-3pm.
The fun activities and Mocktail bar will be available as a drop-in from 9.30-2.30pm in the student common room 2nd Floor Queen’s gardens.
As a team, your Student Union and ReNew are on a mission to achieve positive change by supporting our students to identify areas of their lifestyle that may need to change or improve.
Don’t miss out on this exciting event book your places NOW!