5th July 2021
Whether you dream of becoming a graphic designer, artist, fashion designer, photographer, jewellery maker, dancer, performer - or even to work behind-the-scenes as a sound or lighting technician - gaining a qualification in visual or performing arts will only serve to help improve your talents and pursue your career goals.
The creative arts industry is a huge and growing sector to be involved in, both locally and nationally. If you're looking to progress into this area, Hull College offers an ever-increasing range of specialist creative and performing arts courses that will allow you to fulfil your ambitions and take the first steps towards an exciting career in the industry.
Here are some of the options open to you at Hull College - apply today at www.hull-college.ac.uk to secure your place for this September!
Art & Design
Do you have an artistic talent or creative side bursting to get out? If so, Hull College really is the perfect place for you! Our exciting Art & Design study programmes cater for learners with no previous experience, right up to those looking to expand their current skill set.
We offer a range of qualifications in this area, ensuring there are opportunities for entry at all levels with clear progression routes. Whatever your ambitions, we can equip you with the skills you need to start your journey to a career in the creative industry.
Art & Design Courses (FE)
Art, Design & Media (Level 1)
Art & Design (Level 2)
Art & Design (Level 3)
Art & Design - Foundation Diploma (Level 3)
Access To HE: Art & Design (Art Pathway)
Access To HE: Art & Design (Fashion Pathway)
Why Study Art & Design At Hull College…
- Studying Art & Design provides the opportunity to acquire new skills. With a focus on Fashion, Textiles, Printmaking, Ceramics and Glass, 3D Design, Art & Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design and Photography, you’ll get the chance to develop and hone your skills which could lead to a career in a wide variety of industries.
- Whatever medium is your passion, we have the facilities to help you go further. Our impressive HU1 Visual Arts Studio - a hub of creativity - has been designed to provide students with modern workrooms and studios, filled with specialist equipment so you can develop visual and hands-on skills in the perfect - and inspiring - environment.
- There is something for everyone to fulfil their artistic ambitions and begin an exciting career in the creative industry. Our experienced tutors will help you to explore your creative ideas, develop your own creative style and approach and discover your inner talent.
- Learners are given the opportunity to work on live briefs submitted by local clients, providing much sought after and valuable work experience that helps build a professional portfolio, as well as developing skills to enter into a career in this exciting field.
- With outstanding links to the local creative industry, our learners also have the opportunity to showcase their work and projects in many local exhibitions, galleries and competitions, and contribute to local festivals such as Freedom, Pride and Humber Street Sesh.
Studying a Performing Arts course at Hull College will provide you with the perfect opportunity to learn your trade and take the first steps towards your dream career.
Our vocational study programmes have been designed to support, encourage and nurture your raw talent and passion, and equip you with the key skills required for a vibrant on-stage career in acting, singing and dancing, along with key roles off-stage as well.
If you love the thrill that comes with expressing yourself through performance, whether taking centre stage or working behind the scenes, choosing one of our wide range of creative courses is essential.
Why Study Performing Arts At Hull College…
- Studying Performing Arts with us will help you to hone your abilities as well as helping to develop other areas such as teamwork, self-discipline and communication. When you leave us to start your career, you’ll be prepared to work in the industry with those around you.
- To make sure you’re prepared for working life in your chosen sector, we provide industry-standard facilities, including a fully-equipped TV studio, 200-seat theatre, media rooms and high-spec dance studios. All learners will have access to their own dedicated space in which they can really experiment and enhance their skills.
- You’ll learn in an energetic and creative atmosphere and be taught by tutors who possess a wealth of industry knowledge and a real passion for Performing Arts. Their experience and dedication will help to ensure you make the most out of your time with us.
- Whether you choose to work on or off the stage, the world of Performing Arts offers some of the most exciting and vibrant careers. And our progression routes and success stories speak for themselves, with our alumni including actors, presenters, dancers and even a BAFTA award-winning composer.
- You can expect to be involved in a wide range of performances throughout the year, whilst we also boast strong links with local and national performing arts professionals and organisations.
Step Up To Higher Education
You don’t need to head off to university to get a degree! Whether you're looking to change your career, retrain or go further in your academic studies, Hull College has so much to offer when it comes to progression opportunities with a great range of degree-level courses in both Art & Design and Performing Arts.
Art & Design Degree-Level Courses
FD Fashion and Textiles (Level 4)
FD Graphic Design & Illustration (Level 4)
FD Fine Art (Level 4)
FD Photography (Level 4)
BA (Hons) Fashion Design (Level 6 Top-Up)
BDes (Hons) Graphic Design (Level 6 Top-Up)
BA (Hons) Fine Art (Level 6 Top-Up)
BA (Hons) Photography (Level 6 Top-Up)
Gaining practical skills during your studies is an important factor in many of the Higher Education programmes ran by Hull College. Purpose-built settings - including a 200-seat theatre and dance studios in the Horncastle Building and studio spaces and workshops in the Hull School of Art & Design - provide you with every opportunity to achieve the skills and experience required to progress into employment after completing your degree.
You’ll also benefit from our industry-experienced tutors that provide extensive one-to-one support, allowing you the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. And our flexible Foundation Degrees offer a two-plus-one route - meaning you can study a programme for two years before opting to leave with a qualification in order to seek employment or top-up your course with an extra year to come out with an Honours degree.
Plus, tuition fees are also set at an affordable level so that studying for a degree locally not only provides a great experience but also the opportunity to learn without having to break the bank.
We are dedicated to helping you make the most out of your time with us. With an ideal campus location, nestled in the heart of the old town surrounded by culture and creativity, you will always find a range of lively events, festivals and opportunities to partake and get involved in.
How To Apply
Interested in studying for a degree with Hull College? It’s not too late to apply, even though the UCAS deadline has passed. We accept applications all year round. However, places are limited, so there has never been a more important time to secure your place for this September. Apply for our Higher Education courses here.