The degree programme has a strong emphasis on the collaborative union between Acting, Singing and Dancing, focusing on the importance of creating successful practitioners and performers in all 3 genres. Students will develop a thorough knowledge, understanding and skill set within all disciplines of Contemporary Musical Theatre, giving them the opportunity to not just gain skills in Musical Theatre but in Dance, Singing and Acting as separate entities. The programme will look at Contemporary Musical Theatre aiming to move with current trends in acting, movement, the voice and where Musical Theatre can be accessed.
· Principles of Technique (20 credits)
· Text and Narrative (20 credits)
· Movement and Performance (20 credits)
· Performance in Community and Education 1 (20 credits)
· Realising Collaborative Practice (20 credits)
· Performance Practitioner (20 credits)
· Performance in Community and Education 2 (20 credits)
· Developmental Technique (20 credits)
· Contemporary and Site-Specific Development (20 credits)
· Contemporary and Site-Specific Performance (20 credits)
· Choreography and Directing in Popular Theatre (20 credits)
· Realising Collaborative Performance (20 credits)
UCAS Code: : WW41
Upon completion of this foundation degree students may wish to progress to the BA Hons Performance - Musical Theatre (Top-up) or pursue a career in any of the following areas: musical theatre performer in shows (West End/UK Tours), production cast on cruise ships, production cast for hotels, freelance singer/dancer/actor, choreographer, director or performer for special events.