The FD in Live Events gives you the skills to ensure performances and productions are fully immersive experiences for any audience by being the creative bodies behind the scenes.
A vocational exploration of the live events, TV and film world; Hull College’s broad course gives students the space to try all aspects of live events production with sound, light, film-editing, scenic design and live event/stage management all part of our comprehensive programme. You’ll have opportunities for placements throughout the course, with organisations such as the Freedom Festival, UK Rock Challenge, Humber Street Sesh and the BBC as well as local theatres such as Hull Truck and Hull New Theatre.
· Live Events Technical Skills (20 credits)
· Contextual Studies 1: The Designers’ role (20 credits)
· TV and Film Production Skills (20 credits)
· Multi-media Creation (20 credits)
· Careers and Employer Engagement 1 (20 credits)
· Theatrical Technical Skills (20 credits)
· Live Events Management (20 credits)
· Contextual Studies 2: Event Management (20 credits)
· Realisation TV and Film Production and Direction (20 credits)
· Careers and Employer Engagement 2 (20 credits)
· Stage Production Design (20 credits)
· Stage Management (20 credits)
UCAS Code: LEP1
Upon completion of this foundation degree, students may wish to progress to the one of the BA Hons Live Events Top-Up Subject to validation or pursue a career in any of the following areas: lighting or sound operation or design, sound studio engineer, events management, theatrical stage management, set design and construction, and broadcast director, producer or engineer.