The Foundation Degree in Electronic Music Production aims to deliver a broad and challenging curriculum, preparing students with the necessary creative, technical, theoretical and transferable skillsets to meet the requirements of the contemporary commercial music industry. Delivery of this programme emulates the practical nature of the sector with theory, research and development informing practice at every level. Academic modules explore the cultural science of music production and the wider fields of sound creation and its positioning in and effect on society.
· Professional Development 1: Skills and Context (20 credits)
· Creative Music Technology (20 credits)
· Contemporary Production Studies (20 credits)
· Professional Development 2: Research (20 credits)
· Audio Environments 1: DAW Studies (20 credits)
· Studio Techniques: Audio Recording and Production (Collaborative Practice) (20 credits)
· Professional Development 3: Journal an Seminar (20 credits)
· Electronic Music Composition and Arrangement (20 credits)
· Technology in Performance (Collaborative Practice) (20 credits)
· Professional Development 4: Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
· Electronic Production Portfolio (20 credits)
· Sound Design for Media (20 credits)
UCAS Code: W383
Upon completion of this foundation degree students may wish to progress to the BA (Hons) Music (Production) (Top-up) or pursue a career in any of the following areas: producer, studio engineer, sound designer, music programmer, production manager, DJ, marketing executive, radio work, music therapy, audio engineer and songwriter.
Full Time Higher Education