The FD in Advanced Beauty Therapy and Aesthetics is designed for Beauty Therapists who wish to advance and broaden their skills into aesthetic practices.
Through this FD, students will gain practical knowledge and experience in offering advanced technologies to complement and enhance current practices and services.
Delivery methods will include taught sessions, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials. There is an expectation that students experience the treatments on themselves to gain a wider understanding of procedures. There is a requirement to complete case studies on clients in clinical settings for all practical modules.
The FD Programme is offered full time over 2 years and part time over 3 years.
· Ethics, Consultation, and Client Care for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Life Sciences for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Dermatology, Microbiology and the Physiology of Ageing for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· IPL and Laser Treatment for Hair Removal (20 credits)
· Laser and IPL Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation (20 credits)
· Chemical Peels for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Leadership and Management for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Micro blading for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Micro-needling for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Semi-permanent make up for eyebrows (PMU) for Cosmetic Aesthetics (20 credits)
· Employability and Enterprise (20 credits)
· Research Project (20 credits)
UCAS Code: W200
Upon completion of this foundation degree students may wish to progress to the BA Hons Beauty Therapy Management (Top up) subject to validation or pursue a career in any of the following areas:
Salon Manager, Business Owner, Lecturer/ trainer, Aesthetic practitioner, Self employed, Brand trainer, Sales (Area manager).