The qualification aims to provide an understanding of the construction industry, including Construction Principles, Construction Design, Health and Safety, Tendering and Estimating.
This is a 16-18 year study programme course, it is for students who are finishing year 11 this year, or for those who have recently left. The course is the equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
This course will enable you to progress your career in the construction and built environment sector in jobs such as: Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Estimator, Building Surveyor, Project Manager, Site Manager, Civil Engineer, Property Developer, Housing Manager, Facilities Manager, etc.
Technician: CAD Operator, Design, Surveying, Highways, Housing, Contractor, Civil Engineering, Construction Management and Project Management. Many of these jobs combine office-based activities with on-site visits to projects and building sites.
Our study programmes may also include GCSE, English and maths, if needed as well as work experience which will improve your employability skills.
You also have the opportunity transfer from a study programme onto an apprenticeship course if you secure employment in the industry at any point during the course.
On this BTEC Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment course you will study:
• The design of construction and how to communicate your design in drawings and specifications
• How to carry out site surveys, survey existing buildings, highlight defects and identify potential issues.
• How to interpret underlying principles and construction methods used in the construction of new buildings and their associated external works.
• How to develop knowledge and apply skills to produce graphical information by manual and
computer-aided design (CAD) methods.
• How to calculate the cost of construction works and maintain the progress against the budget.
Maths and English at 4(C) or above
Mix of Exams and Coursework
Hours Per Week
Construction & Green Energy
Full Time Further Education