Creativity isn’t just limited to working with paint or clay. Makeup is agreat medium for expressing your imagination.Apply Now
Creativity isn’t just limited to working with paint or clay. Make-up is a great medium for expressing your imagination and can lead to an exciting career working with performers.
Progressing from one of our Level 2 courses, you will study both the practical and theory based aspects of the various make-up related industries.
Learning how to do creative hair and make-up for performers, as well as applying prosthetics and bald caps, special effects make-up, body art for productions, you also cover wider issues in the industry such as health and safety and customer service, building up your employability, English and maths skills.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the Theatrical and Media Make-up industry. These are compulsory areas:
• Cutting and styling techniques for performers
• Avant-Garde hair and make-up
• Creative make-up design for productions and industry demands
• Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Special effects make-up
• Create, dress and fit facial postiche
• Body art for competition Optional areas include:
• Camouflage make-up
• Media make-up blogging
• Create, cast small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Costume design and prop making
• Wig dressing, fitting and maintenance
Following this course, you can start your career working in the photography, film or theatre industry as a make-up artist or beauty therapist. You could also progress onto our Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Theatrical and Media Make up or a related Foundation Degree.