HCUK Training (Hull College)
The qualification is open entry and as such is also suitable for graduates in other disciplines who are entering the sector for the first time, although Learners would benefit from having some prior knowledge of the logistics and transport industry at a managerial level.
The registration period, during which a learner should complete the qualification, is three years. The recommended guided learning hours are 360, and learners vary in the time taken to complete, with some learners completing in twelve months.
There are two methods of assessment – the examination route and the workplace assessment route. Learners taking the assessment route should ideally be working in a logistics supply chain role at middle management level, or aspiring to such.
The main objectives of the course are:
• To provide candidates with the knowledge to plan, implement, and manage a supply chain network in which products flow from their source to the end user.
• To address the complex issues of identifying the network requirements for different types of facilities based upon cost and service criteria
The course is suitable for:
• Professionals already working within the logistics and transport sectors
• Individuals aspiring to middle management positions such as supply chain management, transport operations, transport planning
• Graduates in other disciplines who are entering the sector for the first time
• Individuals looking to make a career change and are seeking an awareness of supply chain planning in a middle management role.
The qualification comprises a mandatory unit and learners must complete three option units, at least one of which must be chosen from Option Units Group 1.
Management in Logistics and Transport
Option Units - Group 1
Supply Chain Management
Option Units - Group 2
Movement of Goods
Movement of People
Sourcing and Procurement
Transport Planning Techniques
Transport and Society
Supply Chain Flow Planning
Supply Chain Network Planning
• CILT(UK) Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport
• A suitable one year top up to a suitable Logistics or Supply Chain Management Degree
There are currently no other similar Courses.